Support new social and community service opportunities for Bridges to Adelphi students
The Bridges to Adelphi Program strives to ease this transition for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other nonverbal learning disorders. A critical part of this transition is promoting a sense of belonging through social events. Events like
- video game nights
- trips to NYC
- volunteer service opportunities
provide a space for students to have fun, build social skills, and give back to their local community.
Research shows that students (especially first year students) who feel an increased sense of belonging report increased confidence in approaching their academic studies. Enhanced feelings of belonging also strengthen their connection to their university.
Your gift ensures that no student has to pay additional fees to take part in community activities that pave the path towards reaching their full potential. A little goes a long way in helping us reach our $5,000 goal!
- $10 provides funding for one student at one on campus social event
- $25 provides funding for one student at an off campus social event
- $50 provides transportation for all students attending one off campus community service event
- $100 provides transportation for all students attending one off campus social event
- $500 provides a full year of social and community service events for one student
All students should have an equal opportunity to experience the benefits of social and community events and feel a stronger sense of belonging to Adelphi University.
Thank you for helping us achieve our goal of enhancing the lives of students in the Bridges Program without the added financial stress!